9 JUNE, 2018
This 4-hour class is a full-day experience! We will welcome you with coffee, tea, and pastries in the morning before class, and a lunch break for a half hour is scheduled half way through the class so you can stretch your legs, get something to eat nearby (or eat your packed lunch) and recharge for the afternoon session.
11:00 - 11:30 - Arrival time. Check in and get seated.
11:30 - 13:30 - Class session
13:30 - 14:00 - Lunch Break
14:00 - 16:00 - Class session
All class participants will receive a 10% discount on any shop purchase the day of the workshop!
3D KNITWEAR CLASS DESCRIPTION
This class is part demonstration with AV presentation and lecture about my approach to dimensional knitwear. As well as part swatch-fest, and all inspiration process. I will present my 3D design philosophy, to reveal a slightly different angle of knitwear and putting your knitting skills into a novel path. Students will learn several principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear, some cast on and bind off varieties used for stretchy edgings, specific techniques, and review some patterns that incorporate dimensional knitting.
Skills needed: students need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, increase, decrease
- Introductory lecture on basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear.
- Learning cast on and bind off varieties for stretchy edging and its purpose for dimensional knitwear.
- Learning to work specific short rows and partial knitting and their differences.
- Study a variety of swatches and examples presented used in my present and future designs.
- Swatching a series of techniques and reviewing all the possibilities and how to combine them to achieve new varieties of stitch patterns.
- Students will have a choice of making Moko-Moko Cowl or Ginga Cowl patterns.
For Moko-Moko Cowl:
340 yds of any worsted weight yarn Waste yarn in smooth texture and similar weight US 7 (4.5 mm) needle and a spare needle Crochet hook F (3.75mm)
For Ginga Cowl:
270 yds in each of 2 colors of worsted weight yarn
Waste yarn in smooth texture and similar weight
US 7 (4.5 mm) circular, 24” long
Crochet hook (size H or larger)