10 JUNE, 2018
This 4-hour class is a full-day experience! We will welcome you with coffee, tea, and pastries in the morning before class, and a lunch break for a half hour is scheduled half way through the class so you can stretch your legs, get something to eat nearby (or eat your packed lunch) and recharge for the afternoon session.
11:00 - 11:30 - Arrival time. Check in and get seated.
11:30 - 13:30 - Class session
13:30 - 14:00 - Lunch Break
14:00 - 16:00 - Class session
All class participants will receive a 10% discount on any shop purchase the day of the workshop!
MODULAR KNITTING CLASS DESCRIPTION
This adventurous beginner class is based on Aranami Shawl or Asanagi Wrap design and is worked in modular technique. In this class you will learn the theory of modular knitting and create this stunning ombré wrap of scalloped patterning with yarn of your choice. But what is more, you will learn numerous vital techniques as a knitter which will be crucial for your future skill set. Many of the tricks and tips and customization suggestions taught during this class will prove to be a lot of fun!
Skills needed: knowing how to cast on, knit and purl.
- Basic theory for Modular knitting
- Various cast on methods and their benefits
- Several ways of picking up stitches on both knit and purl sides
- Different methods of knit and purl decreases
- Numerous tips and tricks on improving your skills with this technique
Materials to bring:
For Asanagi Wrap:
- 223 yds of fingering weight yarn in 5 (or more) complementing colours
- US 3 (3.25 mm) short straight or two double pointed needles, or as preferred (or size to obtain gauge)
- Crochet hook size C or D
- Tapestry needle
For Aranami Shawl:
- fingering weight yarn in colors A: 33yds, B: 77yds, C: 121yds, D: 165yds, E: 209yds
- Note: Yardage is estimated based on usage of BT Loft yarn which is a woollen spun yarn and has different gauge from most worsted spun yarns. If you substitute yarn, you might need more yardage-wise in each color.
- US 2 (2.75 mm) circular, 36” or longer
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Crochet hook C
- Tapestry needle