Date: Saturday 28 September
Place: Nieuwe Hoogstraat 29, 1011 HD Amsterdam
This class is part demonstration with AV presentation and short lecture about 3D knitwear in hand knitting approach, and all inspiration process. It will be part swatch-fest and all
inspiration. Present my 3D design philosophy, and gearing to your own discovery of knitwear in a new light!
Skills needed: students need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off.
● Introductory lecture on several basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear.
● Learning cast on and bind off varieties for stretchy edging and its purpose for dimensional knitwear.
● Learning to work partial knitting and short rows and their differences.
● Swatching a series of techniques and reviewing all the possibilities.
● Make either Ginga Cowl or Moko-Moko Cowl
Finished measurements 11” height (flat), 30” circumference
● 340 yds of any worsted weight wool
● Waste yarn in smooth texture and similar weight
● US 7 (4.5 mm) needle and a spare needle
● Crochet hook F (3.75mm)
● Waste yarn
● 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in MC;
● 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in CC;
● US 7 (4.5 mm) circular, 24” long
● Crochet hook (size H or larger)
● Stitch marker
● Tapestry needle
● Scrap yarn
● Purchase either Ginga Cowl or Moko-Moko Cowl before arriving to class
Tickets can be cancelled and refunded up to 72 hours before the event. If you must cancel your ticket within 72 hours you will only be refunded if we are able to re-sell the ticket. You may transfer your ticket to a friend if you email firstname.lastname@example.org with both of your details.